25.1.08

having returned to the wine business and survived my first busy season as a sales rep, i thought it might be time to post to old gthedamned. some changes since last we spoke

judith katherine judd (katie) was born in late november. she's pretty amazing.

i sold more in an off year than any sales rep at my company in st louis.

i haven't been able to find enough drinking time, so my tolerance is down from the usual.

we're about to buy a new car.

we're likely to have a black man or a white woman as our next president.

tennessee is an interesting place to be right now. i'm (no surprise) the most liberal person i know, but things seem to be swinging leftish since i left. then again, i don't talk to to many evangelicals that aren't relatives, so perhaps that is just my own blinders. perhaps my leftist senses are dulled by my work (i have to be apolitical if i want to make any money).

i have the day off today, and thanks to the fact that i've become more grown up than overgrown kid, i fixed a chair, went to the grocery store, took the recycling, got the oil changed, and prepped for dinner. getting old does wonderful things to us, i guess.

my blogging is a little rusty, so i'll stop here before i get to worn down. i'm gonna be sore tomorrow, i tell you.

No comments: