27.3.06

anticipation

still no bootsy yet, but it's looming closer.
 
slow weekend, busy monday.  we have a container-load of wine coming in today, and as i have been for the past week or so, i am trying to ready things for my absence.  i spent the weekend fixing things, installing a baby gate (mostly for the dogs), figuring out how to put the car seat in, and other such preparatory stuff.  i feel like i need to be done preparing now and just wait for the baby, but every time i try to sit down, i think of something else that really would be easier to do now.  modern drunkards have told me to sleep, but that isn't so easy right now either.
 
sometimes recently i have been thinking about bringing a baby into this corrupt and dangerous world.  i refuse to teach this baby that fear is a way of life like the republikkkans are trying to sell us, but at the same time, there are so many things that i will have to fear for my child that my mother didn't have to worry about when i was growing up.  despite my patent refusal to fear the arab world, dubya is creating tomorrow's america-hating terrorists today.  according to the online database, there are dozens of registered sex offenders living in a two mile radius of my house.  christian fundamentalists are worming their way into greater levels of power in an attempt at a christian theocracy in which i don't want my child to grow up.
 
i refuse to live in fear.  call me a sci-fi nerd if you must but "fear is the mind killer."
 
fuck you, dubya.  i'm not afraid of you.

1 comment:

Tijuana said...

Come on, Bootsy! Josh Densen's a daddy to a Baby Girl I'll be visiting this week. Come on G, you let Josh beat you.