23.6.07

due to the move, i haven't been posting much lately. I can't promise that it will pick up after the move, but we'll see, won't we. the move is now a week away, and stress levels are needless to say high.

we had to put elektra to sleep this morning. it's the hardest thing i've ever had to do. i'm very sad, and when i'm sad, i'm not exactly eloquent. i woke up this morning remembering the times before jack was born when the beginning of my day consisted of siouxs! getting into the shower after letting the dogs come into our room, and having melne curled up in the crook of my legs and elektra in front of my face. she really was a sweet dog, even if not to everyone. she loved me and siouxs! and even got along pretty well with jack, who in the last few weeks took to pulling her hair something terrible.

thankfully, we found a home for melne. it was hard enough to take one dog in for such a grim task, two would have been impossible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am thinking about starting a local creative self-help group of other American "people who are tired of being exploited" - and a "brainstorming" google search brought me to to your blog entry: http://gthedamned.blogspot.com/search/label/class%20struggle

BTW, I'm commenting here because my comments might get lost in that older entry...

So whaddya think? think I got a chance of forming a group of American people who are, "Tired of working long hours for low pay and little to no benefits from an abusive or unappreciative employer?" LOL

Anyhoo, I also read 5 or 6 other entries. I enjoyed them. An I got ya bookmarked!

Well, I gotta go - I don't have much time for this as the struggle for my family's survival demands so much of it (i.e. time). Sorry to hear about your, dog. Had to do that recently with my old dog. It really hurt, she was the sweetest dog I ever had and she was still completely alert - just couldn't walk anymore. Sigh* Oh well... Good luck on your move.

-rcg