18.7.05

as i sit here in the office, if i turn my head thirty degrees to the right (literally, not politically), i am confronted with possibly our (meaning my warehouse foreman and myself) most benign prank ever. whenever my immediate boss, liz, goes out of town, we have fun with her desk. we have traded drawers, rearranged the desktop, and in what is still our finest moment, put the whole thing on 2 inch blocks, which she did not notice for three hours (and only then because the box we used to hide one of the blocks seemed out of place). today, we merely wrapped the desk, computer and all, in christmas paper easily visible from the parking lot. believe me, this is much nicer than blowing up a picture of her drunk at the christmas party and putting them up in a frame that always hangs in the office. the probable reason for this much tamer prank is that she is taking ron, siouxs! and me to the baseball game tonight. i am a much nicer person when baseball is involved, especially when people are rooting for the cardinals with me.
had brunch with my peruvian neighbor, ney, yesterday. i can't believe i had brunch, and i can believe even less that he suggested it. i am not much a fan of brunch, having had to cook it for people at one time. while i had to be to work at 5:30am to get ready for brunch, the brunchers strolled in any time before 2pm, still looking for french toast. french toast is a pre-11am food. anyone who still desires french toast at 2 needs to seriously question some of their life decisions. the really frightening part is that the night shift told me of people still asking for french toast as late as 5pm. i guess they all had their insulin shots scheduled for 5:30.
by the way, don't worry that my fiery political spirit has not yet mentioned the whole karl rove/cia leak thing yet. i firmly believed years ago that karl rove needed to be put to death for everything he has done before this, and have not change my opinion, just what i'm yelling. that cheney aide, too, needs to have his priveleges taken away.
if alberto gonzales gets the supreme court nod, i may have to hijack a boat and sail south.
fuck bush (and his brain).

No comments: