19.8.02

i have made a long journey into the land of my birth, and it was good. suzi and i went to tennessee for a week ending today. a few highlights.
--- Haven. my new little brother, Haven, is among the best and brightest infants in the sport today. his bold competition has made him a true standout in a spectacular field for the last four months. i haven't seen a baby this ridiculously precious since north hampfordshirecester, 1939. the child is actually my new little brother-to-be from a "springer-guest-to-be" cousin of mine. (yes, i admit to being of trailer trash stock, but how i want to think i have risen out of the mud!)
--- my accent (the one that i never had until i moved to st. louis) has returned, just to prove i'm still pretty muddy.
--- i have a scanner. as soon as i get a cord for it... and find out how to post photos, i'll have some pictures of Haven.
--- suzi and i already miss Haven, and it's only been eleven hours.
--- my mom is getting remarried. i'm happy for mom, i like his kids, but (for the sake of anonymity, we'll call him) nick is not who i want raising my baby brother. (on second thought, let's not insult the devil and santa that way; let's call him) lick works at the produce market at which my mother used to work. he is crass, boorish, and a drunk (says the young pot to the old kettle). lick is going to be my new stepfather. (shudder) "Y'onna buhr?"
--- i didn't get to see my surrogate mom for more than a few minutes this trip. she's my best friend in town's mom. she rules.
--- mom and i get along better when we're both drinking. it's great. we get along pretty well anyway, but now, we have a tie that thins any and all bad blood (eventually): alcohol.
--- (Parentheses are fanfuckingtastic [which if i may {and i may}], is a word of which i was at least one of the original users [to the best of my knowledge {fanfuckingtastically speaking (if nothing else, i should try to copyright that bullshit)}]).

--- i'm pretty tired, so i think that this will be the end of the list. goodnight

No comments: